Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crazy and Wild Birds!

The above card was entered into Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday Challenge on SCS today.  This challenge was to honor a lady (Ms. Eula) celebrating her 108th birthday - imagine what she's seen!  If you go to SCS and click on the Teapot Tuesday challenge on the home page of SCS - it will take you to the thread and give you the full details.   I had such a fun time putting this card together and making up this silly little poem:

We must hurry up and pack; don’t forget to put the seed in the sack.

Oh, we musn’t forget to pack a carrot; as a gift for our hostess, Starlet, a St. Lucia parrot.
Let’s hit the Brazilian skies, to begin the long flight; to meet up with Starlet and Beauffer before Tuesday night.
Once together, we must make some plans; to show Ms. Eula that we’re her biggest fans.
So remember only happy squawks, no blubbery tears, as we celebrate Ms. Eula’s birthday of 108 years!

If I were to make it to 108 - I'm not sure I would have all of my mental faculties in tact - as it is kinda iffy sometimes now!

Card Recipe:

Paper:  SU Daffodil Delight; Tangerine Tango; Taken With Teal; Greenhouse Gala DP
Markers:  Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Cherry Cobbler, Regal Rose, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, River Rock and Early Espresso
Accessories:  SU Sweetest Stem Embosslit; Stickles (on the flowers); SU Snail
Stamp:  Unknown - I usually add the name of the stamp company, but for some reason this one didn't get written in the index.
I meant to pop up the birds - but forgot!

Okay, as I said yesterday (and not too loudly), I am tip toeing out to the pool for a float about - so Mother Nature doesn't hear me and shove her clouds my way.  It's 90 degrees outside and off I go!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  Later Gator!

1 comment:

  1. Did you show these birds to the cats? Honestly they are darling.

    Your sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!