Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Little Bit of Sponging

Hey - it's Saturday and tomorrow is my favorite day - do nothing Sunday!  Yeah!

On the above card, I used a little bit of sponging - it was suppose to look like an old letter that has discolored, but I think it instead looks like an old letter that had ink spilled on it - oh well.  I'll keep trying my hand until I get better.  I do love the stamp set - its from SU and called Flores Suaves.

Card Recipe:

Paper:  SU Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy and 7 Gypsies DP
Ink:  Soft Suede and Bashful Blue
Stamps:  Flores Suaves
Accessories:  Misc. ribbon

Today was a typical Saturday -- did laundry, dusted furniture, dusted my floors, vacuumed the area rugs, cleaned bathrooms and power washed my side porch and furniture.  Finally, I got to sit down and make a card later this afternoon.  Like I said above, I'm not totally happy with it, but I'll keep trying the sponging technique.

While I was working on my card, one of my cats (Chewey, the oldest), happened to come into the office and found an open sack of feathers that I occasionally use on my cards.  Now mind you, the sack was large and held like a million feathers (slight exaggeration)!  I ran to switch the loads in the laundry and didn't notice Chewey lurking around the feather bag.  When I returned to the office, there in the middle of the office floor, was the empty sack with a million feathers everywhere.  Chewey was playing in the feathers (like kids play in a pile of leaves)!  As soon as he saw me, he took off (carrying a ton of feathers all over his fur).  Hence, I followed the feather trail and there he was circling the island in the kitchen making his escape to the living room - leaving a further trail of feathers.  Finally, I picked him up - removing said feathers and cleaned up the mess.  He has been back in the office several times today eyeballing the sack of feathers in the basket trying to determine, I'm sure, how best to pull the bag down.  He was pretty cute covered in different colored feathers!  I should have snapped his picture, next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time), I'll get his picture.

Well, that's it for the blurb on the blog - later gator!

2 comments:

  1. This card reminds me of a rose pressed into an old journal. It's a beautiful card.

    Your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    I love it! I need to try this technique more often thanks so much for the inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!