Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mothermark's Challenge 111 From SCS

This is the card I put together for Mothermark's Teapot Party Challenge #111 on Splitcoast.  The cards that everyone makes will be going to a lady (Rachel) in Raleigh, North Carolina, who has been diagnosed with cancer and had to give up her beloved dog, Brodie, because she is unable to take care of the puppy - but she made sure that Brodie went to a loving family.  I hope all the puppy cards cheer up Rachel - I'm sure she can use some humor right now in light of what she faces.

Card Recipe:

Paper: SU Whisper White; Basic Gray - Oliver
Ink:  SU Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Accessories:  Paw Charm; Misc. ribbon

I must remember to put my camera battery in its charging cradle tonight.  Tomorrow, I am visiting with my sis and get to see the newest member of our family, her grandson, Cameron!  I've seen a few pictures of him and he is so darn cute and I can't wait to give him some hugs and kisses too.
I ran out and picked up a couple of really cute frames as a gift - because there will be tons of pictures of this handsome little guy!

Today, my honeypie and I had to drop off the boat at The Boat Dock - trouble with the trolling motor.  Then, honeypie dropped me at Hobby Lobby (he snoozed in the truck - while I shopped around for about 30 minutes).  I finally found some feathers I'd been looking for and some more paper - can't have too much paper!

Well, that's it for today's blurb on the blog.  Later Gator!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    Love the card! I will keep Rachel in my prayers. I am sure Brodie is going to miss her, hopefully it will be short term.

    I'm getting your updates via email:-)

    You are so lucky to be so close to your sis, I have no sisters:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snoopy and the Motorcycle....that's a good story title...also a darling card. Love from me to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!