Friday, October 1, 2010

Augustus - My Pet Dragon


Meet my pet Dragon, Augustus.  I know he's pink (which is really suppose to be a girly color), but believe you me - Augustus is quite the lady's Dragon.  Having a pet Dragon does cause a few minor, teeny tiny, wee problems - nothing to really speak of!  Augustus likes his food very crunchy - as in burnt to a crisp and then he likes ketchup slurped all over!  One just needs to not be in the area when Augustus is ready to barbecue - if you follow my drift!

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Augustus by Louby Lou
Ink:  SU Real Red, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Garden Green and Black
Paper:  SU Whisper White, Basic Gray DP
Accessories:  Prima flower, misc. ribbon (sentiment: found on internet - author unknown (ashes found next to the sentiment)(just kidding); Ranger Stickles

Anyone that really knows me - understands that I have a vivid imagination and love mythical things.  I am a huge fan of science fiction, mostly in the supernatural genre.  I also like supernatural horror.  I remember my first horror movie I got to watch on television.  I don't remember how old I was, probably 7 or 8 and on Friday nights after the 10:00 p.m. news, the double creature feature would come on.  I can't remember if my sis was babysitting me or if I was staying at my Grandma's house and watching with my cousin, Gail.  The first movie was about giant ants - and I just knew they were under the chair I was sitting in and under my bed - and I didn't care - because it was a very cool movie!  So, even back then, I loved scary movies.  Well, not scary movies like Halloween or Freddy Kruger - can't watch those.  Also, the old Alfred Hitchcock movie, Psycho - still has its hold on me.  I really hate to shower when my husband isn't home, so sometimes bubble baths are on the agenda!  Oh, the other movie I couldn't watch was Arachnophobia - I hate spiders and can't watch them on anything, even National Geographic!  Okay, so Psycho and Arachnophobia - only 2 really creep me out!  Okay, since this is all probably more than  you wanted or needed to know, I will stop with the blurb on the blog for now.  Later Gator!

1 comment:

  1. Well sis, I know it wasn't me. I don't handle scary at all visually. Augustus is a cute dragon - love his color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!