Saturday, October 2, 2010

Black/Red Birthday Card


This card is for a friend of mine who doesn't like frilly flowers, ruffles, sparkles or spangles - and she may sound boring - but she is on the opposite side of that scale - she is wild and crazy.  Her favorite color combination is black and red and I did add a few punched flowers from an old SU punch and the black ribbon had some sparkles woven into it and I then tagged it with a smaller red ribbon.  I do hope she likes it!

Card Recipe:

Stamps: SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper:  SU Real Read, Whisper White, Cosmo Cricket DP and black CS from Michael's
Ink:  Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  SU triple flower punch, Michael's black sparkle ribbon and misc. red ribbon

I had wanted to get a couple of cards made today, but was lucky to get this one finished.  I was busy all day cleaning the house - except the phone kept ringing and I stopped to talk several times.  I think I might have spent more time on the phone than cleaning!

My husband and I ran into Lincoln - as he had to put in new doorknobs and lock sets into his sister's house since she was having so much trouble with key problems in the old sets.  Then we went to grab a bowl of chili and a cheeseburger and came home.  Since it was only about 51 degrees out - a bowl of chili sounded good  - and it was!!
Well, that's it for the blurb on the old blog tonight.  Later Gator!

1 comment:

  1. Love the red and black color combo and the black sparkly ribbon. You make them pretty sis.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!