Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Card - Happy Birds


This image made me smile when I saw it on the Doodle Pantry site.  So, at first I colored the image and was going to leave it on white CS, but I made a mistake when I was shadowing the image and, therefore, that made the call for me to cut it out and pop it up.  Let me tell you that cutting out the green pine needles was not easy.  It took longer to cut it out than it did to color it.   But, geez, I always liked to color as a kid and then when my son was little, he enjoyed it for a short time, as did my grandson - and I am still coloring - with just a different medium.

Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Christmas Birdies - Digi - Doodle Pantry
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket - Winter Mittens and SU Whisper White CS and Real Red
Ink:  Copics:  Birds B000, 00, 01; Pine Needles 29; YG03; Branch: E25, 27, 29; Beaks/Feet Y38; Holly Berries: R29; Hats/Cape/Earmuffs:  R27,29; Berry Leaves YG17
Accessories:  Red Ribbon

It has been another ucky day - it did get up to 72 degrees, but it was very humid.  Weather Bug gave an alert of a tornado watch until 6:00 p.m. tonight and right now it's raining and thundering.  A thunderstorm going on near the end of November - that is just too weird.   Oh well, I'm sure all my white pines can use the drink, as well as my other plants and trees - even though they've gone dormant.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone.  My Mom used to say the older you get the faster the time flies - and she was right - unfortunately!   Life should be where you have "overs" and get at least 3 go rounds at it - and each time you do better and get things right (keeping all memories so you don't repeat the same mistakes).   But since I was asked for my opinion - I guess it doesn't matter - although it does seem like a good idea to me.

I guess I should sign off now, have to do some laundry.  So, later gator!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! You did fabulous with the pine needles even if they were time consuming!!
    It does seem that time goes faster the older you get..I feel like it's whirling around me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these birdies kathy, they are great.
    they are so sweet.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birdies are adorable!! Your coloring is perfect, too!! Hey, thanks for asking about Pipsqueak! He's doing fine. He is right next to me in his little crate. As long as he can see me, he's OK, but you should hear him if I leave the room!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!