Monday, April 16, 2012

There's Magic in the Air Challenge - 04-16-2012


This card is for Paper Cupcakes challenge at There's Magic in the Air.  This challenge is given by one of my very talented teammates - Shirley Quarry - to make a card casing one of the members of our DT.  So, I chose to CASE my sweet friend, Shirley, and picked one of her wonderful Christmas cards.  We were to stay pretty close to the layout, but instead of going round, I had to go rectangle to fit the sentiment that came with the image.  I used twine instead of ribbon and Bella's Baubles in brown instead of the flowers.  The inside of the card says "is to let it rain!"

Card Recipe:  April Showers digi by Paper Cupcakes
Paper:  Authentique Blissful DP; MFP 140 lb. white
Ink:  Copics:  Hat/Dress:  Y18, 08, 06, 04, 02; Hair:  E55, 53, 50; Skin:  E00, 000; Bench: E07; Umbrella: Y38, 35, 32
Accessories:  Yellow/White twine; Bella's Baubles - brown

This challenge runs for 2 weeks, so you have plenty of time to check out the images at Paper Cupcakes, make a card - and link it up on There's Magic in the Air.  (There are hot links above in the commentary to take you to either site).  There are tons of adorable images at Paper Cupcakes!

Thanks for stopping by.  Later Gator!


3 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous card kathy, beautiful image.

    greetngs karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy I love the way the image and sentiment are combined onto the white background and the twine tied to the side. A really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, I love the wide open white with your wonderfully colored image. The twine is perfect with your colors and your paper. I, also, feel honored to be cased by you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!