Friday, August 10, 2012

MFP's Tutorial Time on Speedy TV 8-10-2012


Today is another Marks' Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.'s Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV - and the tutorial presented today is by Tammylee - Coloring on Vellum.  I had done this technique one time before - but didn't really like the results.  I used Copics and the blending isn't the best on vellum - but when you turn it back over on the front side - it looks fine.  (To go and check out the tutorial - click on the hot link above - and once you arrive at SpeedyTV, click on Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV tab - and then select the most current tutorial - easy peasy. 

The only thing about stamping on vellum is that you can't use a normal adhesive - because it shows through the vellum.  Therefore, I used blue brads to keep it attached to the CS.  If anyone has heard of an adhesive that can be used with vellum and doesn't show - let me know!!

This beautiful stamp set will be awarded to the winner of this week'sTutorial Time on SpeedyTV!!







Card Recipe:

Stamp:  Silly Shells and Island Life by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.
Paper:  Vellum
Ink:  Copics:  R27, 24, 22, B02 and BG 49 and 23
Accessories:  Blue gemstone brads

Thanks for stopping by - later gator! 


7 comments:

  1. In awhile crocodile (could not resist with your later gator). Like the CAS look to this and your coloring is wonderful. I like to use vellum for calligraphy. Not thought to use heat gun to dry the stamped image which makes for it drying faster & no smudges when you turn it over. Not thought to turn it over to color. Will definitely give this a try.

    Melissa

    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely simple card Kathy. I love the silver eyelets you used to attach the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Kathy beautiful great idea on vellum.
    beautiful card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful effect on vellum! Great idea to use brads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy You did a beautiful job coloring on the vellum. Yours looks very smooth, I had a hard time with that :) I really like how you used the brads to attach the vellum. I used the adtech snail roller adhesive and it didnt seem to show thru the vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and serene. I love the brads that gives it just the right amount of color, but yet lets it keep the soft look. I loved doing the vellum. I had done this long ago and forgotten about this technique. I ended up with a streaky sky, but decided it gave it a water color look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did this scene on the Vellum!!! BRILLANT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!