Monday, August 5, 2013

Squigglefly Challenge 3113 - Masculine Card


Mondays is always a new challenge at the Squigglefly Challenge blog and today Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals is handing down a challenge to make a masculine card!  Masculine cards are not the easiest thing for me.  I made this card for my sweet DH, Jim, he is just the most awesome man and I love him dearly.  I can write this here because he doesn't read my blog and won't know I'm gushing over him!!  When I saw this image from Diana Garrison titled You Have My Heart, I knew I would make a card for Jim.

I hope you join us for this challenge - because - we all need some masculine cards in our stash!

Card Recipe:

Image:  You Have My Heart by Diana Garrison for Squigglefly
Paper:  Ivory CS; MME Lost & Found Sunshine DP; MFP Hazelnut Tan CS
Ink:  Copics:  Heart: B93, 91; Limb: E15, 13; Leaves: YG05, 03, 01; Bird: E44, 43, 42
Accessories:  SB Matting Basics A&B Dies; SB Labels 29 dies

Hope to see you at the challenge!


5 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous card Kathy, love it.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with ya, masculine cards are so hard for me! Love this one though, the papers are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim sounds a lot like Kenny - he would be all over me writing about him on my blog too. Love your sweet card Kathy - great boy colors. Looks great done up masculine like this. Well done my friend. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and cheery. I love the wonderfully colored image and the papers you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I love your card. It's a simple layout, but the papers you used and the die you used to cut the image out make it look quite elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!