Monday, August 10, 2015

TROPICAL JOURNAL PAGES





This is a set of journal pages (the left page is suppose to resemble a waterfall - not overly successful in that endeavor) that I did recently using a technique shown by Marta Lapkowska (Maremi's Small Art).  Below are some links wherein she used the decoupage/napkin technique which is where I first saw it - I have miles to go before I improve where it looks seamless - as does Marta's work.  Marta is so very, very talented and I have learned many things from watching her videos on YouTube!





Check out Marta's blog and her YouTube channel and you'll see what I mean.

Some of the projects I am  posting were done a few weeks ago and I cannot remember all the elements used.  On these pages - two different tropical-type napkins; Tim Holtz distress inks; Hot glue to create the waterfall behind the birds are the basic elements.

Thanks for taking a peek!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Kathy, your page is so so beautiful ! You did an amazing job using napkin, I could not see where the napkin is ! That is way to go. So happy to know you have been inspired by my art! This is my biggest gift to receive !
    Hugs, Marta xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!